[SOLVED] Questions about current gen CPU costs during Intel next gen release

4freedomssake

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
I am currently running an ITX MSI B360 LGA 1151 system with an i3-8100. With tenth generation Intel CPU’s arriving soon I am keeping an eye on ninth generation i5’s. Is it a good idea to purchase a new CPU now or wait until the tenth generation release to see if there are price fluctuations that are at lower costs?

Your input is appreciated!

Solution
You do know you might need an new motherboard if your going 10th or 9th gen soon says on website your MB is 8th Gen and to be honest the new 10th intel cpu dose seem intresting but i got the i9 9900k and dont need two more cores and extra 3hz and 4 threads because along as your game running smoothly thats all that matters. Prices may chance with current CPU if they stop making them and if they do there be alot of used ones around!. So have a good think about the new CPU and the current CPU that you may want!
You do know you might need an new motherboard if your going 10th or 9th gen soon says on website your MB is 8th Gen and to be honest the new 10th intel cpu dose seem intresting but i got the i9 9900k and dont need two more cores and extra 3hz and 4 threads because along as your game running smoothly thats all that matters. Prices may chance with current CPU if they stop making them and if they do there be alot of used ones around!. So have a good think about the new CPU and the current CPU that you may want!

Last edited:
Solution

4freedomssake

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
Well, I found an i5 9400 for $154 on Amazon even though it is listed at $185. I stayed from the F version in case my graphic card goes kaput one day and I don't have a dedicated GPU on hand.