[SOLVED] Questions about DisplayPort Cables

thedoomturtle

Commendable
Jul 8, 2018
I have recently gotten an Acer 27" XF270H monitor. Unfortunately it is occasionally black screening, especially during times when I play games, and it is getting slightly concerning. The monitor came default with DP cables, and one other kind of cable that was not compatible with my GPU. However the DP cables were a little offputting with how difficult they were to remove, what with the little latches it has on its plug-ins. Felt like I was going to hurt the monitor, or worse, hurt the GPU. So I guess I would have two questions:

• Am I being too anxious with the DisplayPort cables, and I should just use them?
  • Is the HDMI cable from the PS4 either too old or not within proper condition to support a monitor to gpu connection?

Thank you guys

Solution
1) It's all in how carefully you remove them, taking your time and not trying to do it with one hand wrapped around your entire desk, you should be fine!

2) Your HDMI should be fine? I'm not sure why it would have an effect on your screen blacking in and out unless the cable itself is, the monitor is, or the GPU is.

If you have a display cable, give it a shot. If you have another HDMI cable, also give that a try.

If both don't stop what's going on, it could be something else.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
1) It's all in how carefully you remove them, taking your time and not trying to do it with one hand wrapped around your entire desk, you should be fine!

2) Your HDMI should be fine? I'm not sure why it would have an effect on your screen blacking in and out unless the cable itself is, the monitor is, or the GPU is.

If you have a display cable, give it a shot. If you have another HDMI cable, also give that a try.

Solution

thedoomturtle

Commendable
Jul 8, 2018

A part 2 to the question would be: Is my build capable of handling 144hz?

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and an RX 580, didn't really think much of it at the time, but I am really hoping that my build is not causing this.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Radeon RX 580
8gb 3000 RAM

Those are the things I'd assume contribute to graphics and whatever issues may follow