Questions about lga1150 motherboards

Banete

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Do B85 and H81 chipset motherboards support i7 and i5's from the 4th generations (like 4770, 4790, 4670, 4690) straight out of the box without BIOS Updates. I tried using motherboards that had these two chipsets on pcpartpicker and it said that it may need bios updates to recognize the cpus, and I do not want to go through the hassle of bios updates. So, do most of the motherboards that house those two chips support those processors straight out of the box? Thank you. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share.

Solution
At this point I would not worry about it. When boards were first released this may be a problem. But anything you'd manage to buy now would be leftover late run stock which would likely have whatever update is needed.

If somehow it doesn't work many times you can get an already updated BIOS chip on ebay for $20.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
At this point I would not worry about it. When boards were first released this may be a problem. But anything you'd manage to buy now would be leftover late run stock which would likely have whatever update is needed.

If somehow it doesn't work many times you can get an already updated BIOS chip on ebay for $20.

Solution