[SOLVED] Questions about Monitor bottle necking FPS

Dave_94

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
Hi

A few quick questions.

I’ve been reading studies by Nvidia that state better frame rates equals better kill death ratio in first person shooters etc.
Obviously Nvidia is in the business of selling graphic cards and perhaps the findings are meant to encourage people to buy better graphic cards.

But If I have I have a game that is running at 100 frames per second, but a monitor that only refreshes at 60 frames per second, then the monitor is bottlenecking the cards output and I am losing those extra 40 frames is that correct?

Lastly I currently play my First Person Shooters at 1920x1080 on a 27 inch monitor. I have limited space so can’t increase the monitor size, but if I get a monitor of the same size that displays 2560x1440 would I notice any difference? Particularly on long range sniping shots(enemy is now 50 pixels instead of 20 etc)?

Thanks

Your point about 1440p vs 1080p at 27”. My answer is yes I noticed a difference, especially sniping. I did that exact change however my 1440p is also HDR and I do think this helps a little with the brightness of spotting other snipers scope reflections.