Question Questions about resetting Windows 10 Gaming and Streaming Apps and Software and/or adding new profiles (e.g. GOG, Steam, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

Feb 18, 2019
I am planning to start fresh on my computer and web usage after I finish graduate school this spring. Depending on when I replace my gaming PC, I will start fresh after grad school is finished by either resetting my current pc to a fresh factory default Windows 10 setting or after I get a replacement computer. I plan to create a new Google account after closing my current account. After that, I plan to also reset my Android smartphone and tablet and my Roku device to their factory default settings and update them with my replacement Google account and email address.

Now, like I said, my intention is to start fresh. I have used the gaming apps GOG.com and Steam and streaming apps Like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, DC Universe, and HBO (via Hulu) for much of the last 5 to 10 years. I have played and viewed a lot of content on these apps and programs, so I am not talking about deleting their content, but I would like to have a fresh start by having their settings reset to factory default when I reinstall them on either a new PC or after I factory reset my current PC.

My questions are:

1. Would the apps and software settings such as those for Steam and GOG.com be reset to their default settings when I reinstall them on either a new PC or after I factory reset my current PC?
  2. Would adding new profiles then deleting the old profiles under my streaming app accounts like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, DC Universe, and HBO, create factory default settings on the new profiles or would they contain the same potentially altered settings from the previous profiles because they would be listed under the same accounts?
  3. Would I be better off completely wiping or deleting my accounts and rebuilding my content collections or would that be unnecessary?

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS