[SOLVED] Questions about Temperatures & Cooler Suggestion in my rig

Apr 8, 2020
Hi folks,

I have following the setup:
MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi
CPU: AMD RYzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Stock
Case: Corsair 275r Airflow
Case Fans: Stock Corsair 275r Airflow Fans (2 intake, 1 exhaust)
GPU: Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070 Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32 GB (2x16GB)
Note: I think I will be using 2 DDR sticks and do not have any intention to add more sticks in the future.

Room Temperatures: 25 celsius - 28 average

With the given setup, idle temperatures are between 55-62.
While gaming (red dead redemption 2), temperatures are in the range of 69-85 celsius(Average is like 73-75 celsius). I have updated bios, played with fan configuration disabled PBO, updated chipset drivers etc. Also removed my side panel but could not see any difference other than 1-2 degrees. Hence, as others stated I started to think I need an aftermarket cooler. I have researched and saw that be quite dark rock pro 4 is very successful ( and noctua products are very rare in my country (turkey)). Also, Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo is very efficient when it comes to price/performance.

I have two questions and would be very glad if you can help me:
1 - Which cooler is more logical in my case (I know dark rock pro 4 will perform better, do not know if it is necessary in my setup)

2- If I choose to buy Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 is it going to fit? I am asking it because I could not find any information about dimensions of my mobo that specifies the distance between dimms and the chipset. Also, I could not find my motherboard on motherboard compatibility page on Be Quiet website (I guess they are not updated it yet)

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Solution
Any 120mm+ tower is going to be better than the stock cooler.

Those temps though do seem high considering your ambient room temps and case airflow.

There's nothing wrong with that case and fan configuration, should be doing better.

Pretty much any tower cooler will fit your setup, your case supports up to 170mm which is fine for 140mm towers.

The dark rock pro 4 is better than the Arctic but what you buy depends on your budget and availability.

Are there any online retailers we can look at or are you shopping at physical stores?
Any 120mm+ tower is going to be better than the stock cooler.

Those temps though do seem high considering your ambient room temps and case airflow.

There's nothing wrong with that case and fan configuration, should be doing better.

Pretty much any tower cooler will fit your setup, your case supports up to 170mm which is fine for 140mm towers.

The dark rock pro 4 is better than the Arctic but what you buy depends on your budget and availability.

Are there any online retailers we can look at or are you shopping at physical stores?

Solution
Hi @madmatt30,

First of all I want to thank you for your answer. What do you think is the cause of the overheating in my system then?

Also, the online retailers that I can use are:
1- https://www.hepsiburada.com/
2- https://www.amazon.com.tr/

Regards

Kind of at a loss, the spire isn't great but it should do better than that.

The dark rock pro 4 is a great cooler but it's a little daunting size wise especially for a novice.

Consider the dark rock 4 (not the pro), it's more than enough and is absolutely solid performance wise.

https://www.amazon.com.tr/Quiet-BK0...ld=1&keywords=Dark+rock&qid=1597739399&sr=8-2

Apr 8, 2020
@madmatt30
Yes, I have seen that Dark Rock Pro 4 is huge, and it may block my RGB RAM Sticks (it may fit but fan may block the visual)

I am now trying to choose between two products:
1 - arctic freezer 34 esports duo
2- be quiet dark rock 4

What do you think about those? Which may be logical in my case?

@madmatt30
Yes, I have seen that Dark Rock Pro 4 is huge, and it may block my RGB RAM Sticks (it may fit but fan may block the visual)

I am now trying to choose between two products:
1 - arctic freezer 34 esports duo
2- be quiet dark rock 4

What do you think about those? Which may be logical in my case?

Both/either.

Perform about the same overall. , the dark rock 4 has a smaller footprint and is quieter.

I also personally prefer the plain anodised black look of it, the esports is too showy for me aesthetically but that's a personal thing.

I know its more expensive but it would still be first choice for me personally.