questions about this monitor Viewsonic VX2452mh

yulneth

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
(First of all im sorry i dont know what category of this thread im starting)

Hello guys. I decided to upgrade my monitor to Viewsonic VX2452mh.

I plan to use this monitor also on PS4 will it work?
(assuming it would work, i actually think it would i just want confirmation, its my first console)

My plan is to put the HDMI on ps4 and the DVI-D for my PC so that i would just have my headphones jacked in in the monitor.

would i have audio problems? i dont plan to use the PC and PS4 at the same time.
How can i transfer the audio from my PC to the monitor? (it has audio in and audio out)

Solution
You should have no problem running both machines off of the single monitor. About audio: the HDMI port from the PS4 will transmit audio, so as long as your input is the HDMI, you'll have video up to 60 Hz (HDMI is capped at 60) and audio. But the DVI-D is another story, it only can send video (up to 144 Hz) but not audio. If you connect your audio cable from the audio out on your PC to the audio in on your screen, you should get both audio and video from your PC while its in use. If the monitor auto detects inputs, you won't even have to get up to change it every time!

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
You should have no problem running both machines off of the single monitor. About audio: the HDMI port from the PS4 will transmit audio, so as long as your input is the HDMI, you'll have video up to 60 Hz (HDMI is capped at 60) and audio. But the DVI-D is another story, it only can send video (up to 144 Hz) but not audio. If you connect your audio cable from the audio out on your PC to the audio in on your screen, you should get both audio and video from your PC while its in use. If the monitor auto detects inputs, you won't even have to get up to change it every time!

Solution