[SOLVED] Questions about upcoming first build.

xoxtrollstar

Commendable
May 11, 2018
Specs in mind (black and white build) :

-Ryzen 5 3600
-Gigabyte RTX 2060
-MSI B450 Tomohawk Max
-16gb ram (2x8) (white) 3000Mhz
-Crucial 480gb ssd
-Seagate 1tb 7200rpm
-XFX 650W 80 plus gold
-NZXT h510 Or Corsair 275R Airflow

Questions :

-Is the stock cooler gonna work fine? I'm not thinking of overclockng any time soon, but I want the cpu to last. So should I get something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo? Or should I add a bit more and get a liquid cooler, like a Corsair H55?

-how's the h510 (basically h500)? How's the airflow? Should I get the Corsair 275R Airflow edition for better airflow? Or should I cheap out and get something like the Deepcool Matrexx 55?

-Any other recommendations?

Solution
The stock cooler is ok but noisy. 120mm AIO coolers usually perform worse than a similar priced air cooler. If going AIO pick a good 240mm minimum. The 212 Evo would be a good choice for that price range and quieter than the stock cooler.

Not sure about airflow in those cases. How many case fans do you plan to use? 120mm or 140mm?
The stock cooler is ok but noisy. 120mm AIO coolers usually perform worse than a similar priced air cooler. If going AIO pick a good 240mm minimum. The 212 Evo would be a good choice for that price range and quieter than the stock cooler.

Not sure about airflow in those cases. How many case fans do you plan to use? 120mm or 140mm?

Solution

Would deffo go for an aftermarket cooler, the 3000 series has good boost algorithm and will boost higher if you have the thermal headroom.

Airflow is fine on the H series, I have a H200i which is a smaller case and though it gets a tad noisy sometimes it's mostly fine, the 500 series shouldn't have an issue proved you get good fans.

You'll need a Hyper 212 Black. The 212 Evo doesn't support AM4. Whether or not you actually chose that specific cooler depends on how much you want to spend. I agree though, unless you need a water cooler for clearances and such, 120mm AIOs aren't worth it.