Question Questions about Upgrade and RGB set up

metalw6

Reputable
Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I am looking for some suggestions about possible upgrade and also some good RGB set up (fans, strips, etc.).

Here is my current set up:

sh-build.png

I am using my PC mainly for gaming, music and video editing. I am not a pro-gamer, so I am not playing any FPS or games that requires a super fast response, but I do play simulations such as Space sim (Elite Dangerous, possibly Star Citizen), ETS2, but also action games like Assassins Creed, Borderlands and MMOs as well.

First of all I want to ask if you think it would be worth to move from a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU to a Ryzen 7 5800X or if I should wait little bit more until another new family will be released. With that being said, since I want to have 32GB of RAM, should I change the one I have to something with more performance/support and compatible with the 7 5800X, or can I keep the one I have and adding other 2 banks to reach 32GB?

For GPU, I know how bad the situation is at the moment, but I am also considering to move to a 34'' monitor, so going up in terms of resolution as well. I am not interested in 4K but more to QHD, as I think the RX 580 cannot handle games with a bigger resolution than the 1080p, is that correct? If I need to change GPU with something more powerful, which one should I get between a 3060/3060TI/3070? Of course here the money will make the difference, but tell me your honest opinion if you think that even a 3060 can handle a QHD gaming resolution. Furthermore, do you think my PSU is enough to power up a system with a 3060/3060TI/3070?

As for RGB, at the moment I am terribly dissatisfied with Cooler Master, I will probably keep my Case since it will be hard to sell, but I have to change the front fans as well as the CPU AIO. The CM software for the RGB managment is an absolute crap, and I want to use some better brands and I am little bit unsure if I should go with Corsair or other. Keep in mind that the front fans of my case are 200mm each, so I am not sure which brand can offer such RGB fan size. Also I have found lately that my MOBO doesn't work quite good in terms of RGB management, sometimes the RGB of my Memories are working strangely or not working at all, same for the fans management, when I start up my PC the fans are running at the maximum speed and only by opening the CoolerMaster MasterPlus software, changing then the fan colors, the speed will be restored to the normal values. So it seems MSI doesn't work quite well with CM. What are your suggestions to have a good system that works quite nicely with RGB fans, AIO and also some led strips to attach inside my case? Is my MOBO good for it or should I change it as well?

Thanks and sorry for the TL;DR!