Questions about upgrading mobo (and if i only need to reset os installed drive)

May 8, 2018
so i am upgrading my mobo cpu etc and i have my os install on a small ssd. now i know i need to reset it and all apps (like steam etc) but i know i can keep the actual steam games, all of the big shit is on separate hdds
so if i delete only the "main" programs on the hdds and un plug them when reinstalling windows etc, will they still work when i plug em back in? or do i need to completely just nuke everything

Solution
Much depends on difference in systems and OS and it's type of license. Options range from plug and play + changing some drivers to starting all from the beginning.
Windows 10 is pretty forgiving, others not so much, all I can tell you is to try and see. In any case, it would be est to make backups first.
Much depends on difference in systems and OS and it's type of license. Options range from plug and play + changing some drivers to starting all from the beginning.
Windows 10 is pretty forgiving, others not so much, all I can tell you is to try and see. In any case, it would be est to make backups first.

Solution