Question's before selling a Galaxy S7?

Xektrix

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
My mom got a new phone and want's me to sell her old one, but I have a couple question's before I do.

My friend bought a HTC Desire 626 S a couple week's ago, and when he was doing the setup after resetting it, it asked for the google account that was previously associated with the phone before it would let him use it.

Will the Galaxy S7 do that? Because the guy he bought it from didn't know, and he actually trusted my friend with his email so that he could log in, and then he would change his pass and stuff because we didn't find out until later, and he couldn't meet up that night. I would definitely not trust giving my information like that to anyone, especially some stranger you meet on craigslist lol.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if that happen's with the Galaxy S7? I played around with it after resetting it to factory, and I just skipped everything and it let me on. But I didn't enter any information or have a sim in it either. I don't want to have to go back out and log in because it blocked him out. I'm sure it's a safety feature to prevent theft, but will the Galaxy S7 still do that?

Also, is a factory reset enough before selling? I know that nothing is exactly "safe" or completely deleted on any type of hard drive, but are there better way's to do it or is that about it? Selling electronic's kind of sketches me out a little bit, all my phone's have been broken before getting a new one, so I've never really sold one haha. Any advice is appreciated!

Solution
Resetting the device wipes out user data on the device-like messages,contacts ,mail,google account etc. On some devices there is an option to delete data like pictures,videos,songs etc. on the phone flash memory too while resetting. The second one is the more secured option provided you have made a solid backup of all your data and contacts(always try to store your phone contacts as google contacts) before doing so. If the second option is not there, you have to manually delete the contents like pictures,movies etc. You can sell off your phone after this.

babi1987

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Resetting the device wipes out user data on the device-like messages,contacts ,mail,google account etc. On some devices there is an option to delete data like pictures,videos,songs etc. on the phone flash memory too while resetting. The second one is the more secured option provided you have made a solid backup of all your data and contacts(always try to store your phone contacts as google contacts) before doing so. If the second option is not there, you have to manually delete the contents like pictures,movies etc. You can sell off your phone after this.

Solution