questions bought world of warcraft

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
hi, i was wondering when does the graphics get better in world of warcraft? like if i bought it an skipped all the starter lands would the graphics be better? would there be stuff to do? having never played should i even bother with wow?

Solution
Full disclosure I started in BC and ended with Panda.
It appears to me that every area, with a few exceptions, are all upgraded visually with every DLC.
Now it's not B grade to AAA with every DLC but it is enough to change the min requirements with every DLC.

They have boosted the maximum quality with every DLC, that I had anyways, to the point that you really notice the difference between a 2 core CPU with a NV 1020 vs a 4+ core 1060. Especially in certain PVP zones such as AV where you get a lot of people on screen at at time with a Laggy WOW server you used to be able to drop to under 1 fps. Jumping to a real CPU/GPU would boost that to 10-12 FPS. I mention this because if you try and save on a cheap GPU, be aware that it may not...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
From what I understand, character models, spells, animations, etc. are what they are and were from when the content was released. Getting only marginally better as you progress through to the newer content. The graphics overall hasn't changed in a long time and it all comes down to how high you can put the graphic settings. If you are capable of setting the graphics to a high preset then the visual experience will be generally consistent throughout playing the old content all the way up through to the newer content with the exception of certain spells, sprites, and animations for such things just being more and more refined to look a little nicer as you move up to the newer content with certain enemies and bosses having more detailed models as you move up but not by a huge amount. Blizzard has done a pretty good job at keeping the overall aesthetic and art design the same through all these years and only simply making the little bits of details slightly better little by little as time has gone on so that the experience new players will get will not force them to go from old crap looking graphics to something that looks super shiny and realistic. The CG cutscenes however are a different story. Those improve dramatically as you move through from the old original content all the way up to the newest stuff. But that is to be expected.

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
Full disclosure I started in BC and ended with Panda.
It appears to me that every area, with a few exceptions, are all upgraded visually with every DLC.
Now it's not B grade to AAA with every DLC but it is enough to change the min requirements with every DLC.

They have boosted the maximum quality with every DLC, that I had anyways, to the point that you really notice the difference between a 2 core CPU with a NV 1020 vs a 4+ core 1060. Especially in certain PVP zones such as AV where you get a lot of people on screen at at time with a Laggy WOW server you used to be able to drop to under 1 fps. Jumping to a real CPU/GPU would boost that to 10-12 FPS. I mention this because if you try and save on a cheap GPU, be aware that it may not work, or just suck, with future DLCs

As Night Owl said the cutscreens really improved over the years, to the point that they are mini-movie quality. Visually anyways, the acting and script is still hit and miss.

The starting area may not be as visually appealing interesting but the visual quality is comparable with other areas So it's not like the starting zone is 8 bit graphics and the end game zones are current AAA game quality.

Solution

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
I should also mention that unless you want to do PvP there really isn't an easy way to skip zones (with a few exceptions). Starting is say level 1 -7 while the next is geared for 5 - 10. With the next level zones not unlocking quests until after you reach a certain level.

Blizz did change up some levels, like the western plague lands a while back so you don't have a level 45 zone next to a level 15 zone. Ahhhh fond plague bear memories. But once your high enough to move around the zones you can easily visit the level appropriate zones in any region. Or if your really good go kill stuff to level up in higher level zones or even try to solo a 5 person instance.

There is also Wow Pokemon, crafting, profession boosting, the auction houses & I think warlords+ added stuff as well. So it's not all quest stuff. You can actually play the game without ever doing a quest or even PvP.

Sep 17, 2018
Of course with each version of the schedule WoW gets better. Now there is a new version of the seventh battle of Azeroth and I recommend you to play. Many players complain of lags in the server but I did not notice, probably it is the fault of providers. I have some confusion about raising the level of the character and I plan to speed up the process a bit https://victorywow.com/powerleveling/ to quickly start fighting in PvP matches. That's cool.