Question Questions on my first build

NadeMagnet69

Great
Jul 20, 2020
Not sure if this is the right subforum to be posting this but here goes. My last few parts will be in for my first build in a week and I want to cover all my bases while I wait.
Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
CPU: I7 10700k
Motherboard: Asrock Z490 Taichi
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHZ DDR4 DRAM 2X16GB
SSD/HDD: (will have the OC) XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
GPU: Geforce RTX 2600 Super
PSU: Corsair RMX Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold
AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240

1. Am I correct that the Asrock Z490 MOBO is their latest? So I shouldn't have any drivers/utilities/bios to update? I can't find any new ones anyways on Asrock's support site.
  2. I now know how to connect everything to physically build this PC. (Big thanks to Tomshardware user vMax on helping me with fan/AIO connection locations) But I'm worried there are some things I still need to know on the BIOS/UEFI side. Such as
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1236&title=how-to-install-windows-on-a-pcie-ssd
Is there any other tidbits like that that need to be changed in the default BIOS to get this build up and running? I know not to plug in my Samsung SSD until I install windows. I wanted to double check with you experts if there is anything other advice for a first time newb builder aside from watching out for static. Got a static wristband coming too.
Thanks

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY