Question Questions on Overclocking my RAM and Processor

Aug 5, 2019
Hi Good day i've been wondering if i can overclok my RAM and Processor this is my specs. Will my PSU handle that?

Ryzen 3 2200g
MSI B450 Mortar
HyperX 2666mhz DDR4 single stick
Gigabyte RX570 4GB DDR5
EVGA 450W

been wodering how can i put the right frequency of my RAM which is 2666mhz

TY

No, I'd most certainly advise you to get a 550w PSU of decent quality. You may get by with a 450w, but depending on brand and age, I would not do it.

To answer your question: Yes, you can OC both your CPU and ram, and GPU too.
Whether or not it's a good idea is a question for you.

Also, you have one stick of ram. For Ryzen this is not good. Is it 8gb? Anyway, you should get 2 x 8gb kit of fast 3000mhz ram. You will see a huge jump in terms of FPS performance with your system. You are missing out on dual channel performance by having only one stick of ram. That alone would give you 15% extra FPS. By getting fast ram and moving from 2666mhz to 3000mhz, you will get another boost of about 10-15% FPS.

And that's all without OC'ing anything.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019
ohh thanks for that but im wondering if how can i make my ram run on its real frequency.. i mean by looking at CPU-Z i can see that my RAM is running in 1333mhz only which im curious how to maximize it to 2666mhz.. btw.. can i buy another HyperX 2666mhz 8gb just 1 stick and put it on the other dimm slots? (its not a ram kit) so that it can be 16gb which runs in 2666mhz each. and if i do that will that make my system in a dual channel mode? TY