Questions on processors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Upendra09

Distinguished
thanks for the offer b-unit but my mobo can't support anything oher than celeron and i won't be getting a new mob or computer any time soon. nice processors though, and thanks for the info on OEMs.

UNICOMPLEX

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I feel sorry for you Upendra09, your computer is really old, the guys are right tho in what they say, theres really no point in upgrading that CPU or anything on that PC, you would be better just saving up your money and buying a new PC in the future later in the year or when you can afford it, and when that time comes make sure you come back here, tell us what your budget is and someone for sure here will give you advice on a full system within your budget.

4745454b

Titan
I wouldn't buy a new high end AGP card, but a cheap ~$60 could provide the boost he's looking for while saving for the new system. Again, it keeps him in the game while saving for the new (or new to him) system. The 3850 or x1950pro is a waste, but a cheap 7600GS or x1650 might be worth it. I've even seen on my local CL the 9800pro sell for $15 or $25. If he is using the onboard 815 Intel GPU, this is a huge step up.

Upendra09

Distinguished
That's ok guys, my computer's ok for what i do now, I just have started to go into gaming and i haven't really had a chance to try my hand in them right now. it won't be long any way until I get a new computer.

Besides I plan on just buying the parts. I am somewhat knowledgeable about computers and know how to make one, and i will just post some questions on here when the time comes. Anyway thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it

The Third Level

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
That's good...

Anyway, if you build your own PC, you need a budget of at least 400-500 bucks to make sure the savings u get from building on your own is worth the kind of parts you get.

Simply put, it's better to get a prebuilt Core 2 Duo machine for 400 than struggle to put together a Celeron for that price.