I am planning to upgrade my PC this coming May. The parts as follows:

Case: Lian Li o11 dynamic
MB: Asus rog strix z790-a gaming DDR 5
CPU: i7 13700k
GPU: 3070Ti
RAM: g.skill trident z5 ddr5-5600, non RGB
AIO: arctic liquid freezer ii 360mm

My questions as follows:

1) This is my first time trying AIO. The heatsink for air cooler to cool gen13 has gotten so big, DH15 and other similar brands. I have heard good reviews regarding the Arctic AIO for it dB and price to performance ratio. Other than the gasket issue, does it has any leak incidents? I suppose it will do a good job to keep the CPU cool under 60°C during gaming.

2) This is the first time trying G.skill RAM as I have been using Corsair Vengeance for past 10 years. Is the RAM durability and reliably up to expectation?

Thank you

Last edited:
G.Skill is the best and most reliable memory manufacturer that exists right now, in my opinion. The trident series kits are absolutely some of the best memory, if not the best memory, you can buy, depending on the specific kit but all of them are very good no matter what. The G.Skill Ripjaws kits are also generally very good but considered a step down from the Trident kits. You will want to be sure to choose a kit that is not specifically intended for AMD platforms as some of the DDR5 Trident kits are AMD specific. Make sure any G.Skill or Corsair kit you purchase shows up as compatible and validated for XMP speeds on the motherboard you go with as determined by the G.Skill memory configurator or the Corsair memory finder.

Everybody says the Arctic LF II AIOs are very good, but as you say, there have been a few problems with longevity. As long as you are ok with having to potentially replace gaskets and the potential for damage to other hardware IF a leak ever develops, then they are probably an ok choice especially if you want good performance for less than more premium brands charge. There is ALWAYS a reason why budget hardware costs less than premium hardware and in most cases it's because it's more cheaply built. So long as you understand that, it won't come as any surprise IF you do develop a problem. Fortunately, Arctic seems to be pretty good about warranty and customer service issues.

Hoo Tat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2013
G.Skill is the best and most reliable memory manufacturer that exists right now, in my opinion. The trident series kits are absolutely some of the best memory, if not the best memory, you can buy, depending on the specific kit but all of them are very good no matter what. The G.Skill Ripjaws kits are also generally very good but considered a step down from the Trident kits. You will want to be sure to choose a kit that is not specifically intended for AMD platforms as some of the DDR5 Trident kits are AMD specific. Make sure any G.Skill or Corsair kit you purchase shows up as compatible and validated for XMP speeds on the motherboard you go with as determined by the G.Skill memory configurator or the Corsair memory finder.

Everybody says the Arctic LF II AIOs are very good, but as you say, there have been a few problems with longevity. As long as you are ok with having to potentially replace gaskets and the potential for damage to other hardware IF a leak ever develops, then they are probably an ok choice especially if you want good performance for less than more premium brands charge. There is ALWAYS a reason why budget hardware costs less than premium hardware and in most cases it's because it's more cheaply built. So long as you understand that, it won't come as any surprise IF you do develop a problem. Fortunately, Arctic seems to be pretty good about warranty and customer service issues.

Thank you for the hearty input, greatly appreciated.

Both Corsair and g.skil ram will have a lifetime warranty.
They are equally good.

Realize that aio coolers do not last forever. In time, air intrudes through the tubes or the mechanical pump fails or gets clogged.

Your case limits an air cooler height to 155mm.
The strongest adequate noctua cooler that fits would be the NH-D12L:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i7-13700K-1640

For gaming, the 13700K is going to boost a few cores until it hits the 100c. throttle limit.
That is normal behavior.
The extra cooling capacity of a 360 aio is simply going to let the boost go a bit higher.

Hoo Tat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2013
Both Corsair and g.skil ram will have a lifetime warranty.
They are equally good.

Realize that aio coolers do not last forever. In time, air intrudes through the tubes or the mechanical pump fails or gets clogged.

Your case limits an air cooler height to 155mm.
The strongest adequate noctua cooler that fits would be the NH-D12L:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i7-13700K-1640

For gaming, the 13700K is going to boost a few cores until it hits the 100c. throttle limit.
That is normal behavior.
The extra cooling capacity of a 360 aio is simply going to let the boost go a bit higher.

Thank you for the kind input. The information provided are much appreciated.