[SOLVED] Questions on work build

Jan 16, 2019
Hello, I am looking to build a system that I will use to edit a heavy amount of RAW images, as well as up to 60fps 4k video editing, and 120fps 1080 video editing. I am at a crossroads with two main issues: the cooling required and ram speed vs stability. This computer would see heavy use daily. Does this build seem solid?

CPU - i9-9940x (aiming for a 4.4-4.5 GHz overclock)

Motherboard - ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II LGA 2066 ATX

Ram - Corsair 2666 mhz 64gb (or would 3200 be better?)

GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 2080 DirectX 12 RTX 2080 VENTUS 8G

M.2 - 2tb Samsung 970 Evo (I have a 8 bay Synology NAS system up to 80TB compatible thus I am refraining from additional inner parts.

Cooling - Stuck between a Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler with 2x NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans vs Nxzt x72 360mm aio or similar. I do not want a custom water loop. However, cooling is something I'm having issues on figuring out.

Case - Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower

Additional fans - 4 Corsair Air Series AF120 LED White Quiet Edition High Airflow 120 mm

Monitor - ASUS 32 4k PA329Q UHD IPS

Any criticisms or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Solution
4.3ghz in 2950x threadripper is possible with a custom loop. The price is also significant less compared to 9940x...general guideline for your system : https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-Recommendations

You need a ssd with high endurance. Corsair force mp510 is the current king of the hill and is cheaper than the 970 Evo. And just 1 ssd in most cases is not ideal. Have 1 as the work disk, 1 for the media on which you are working and maybe another one for the export files exclusively.

For cooling, you can explore options like these ...
4.3ghz in 2950x threadripper is possible with a custom loop. The price is also significant less compared to 9940x...general guideline for your system : https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-Recommendations

You need a ssd with high endurance. Corsair force mp510 is the current king of the hill and is cheaper than the 970 Evo. And just 1 ssd in most cases is not ideal. Have 1 as the work disk, 1 for the media on which you are working and maybe another one for the export files exclusively.

For cooling, you can explore options like these : https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/kits-systems-and-aios/internal-kits/alphacool/eisbaer/23345/alphacool-eisbaer-extreme-liquid-cpu-cooler-core-280-black-edition

Do a soft tubing with a xspc raytorm neo and have it as a closed loop. But I would suggest adding another 240/280 Cooper rad for ultimate cooling...

Solution
I can't help but wonder if the CPU is overkill. Certainly if every second counts and price is not a concern, go all out, but I wonder if a 9900K with Z390 mobo for less than half the cost would do what you need.

RTX2080 seems big for business only, but....

Opt for 140mm fans where possible.