[SOLVED] questions regarding external ssd

alireza-6909

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
hi
i have an external 256gb ssd (adata sd700) and i'm completely disappointed with its performance!
why?
because the transfer speed between internal hdd and external ssd for average is about 60MB/s (30MB/s - 90MB/s)
for god's sake usb 2 speed is 60MB/s and usb 3 must be 10 times higher! but for me it's pretty the same!
is this normal?
tnx

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
hi
i have an external 256gb ssd (adata sd700) and i'm completely disappointed with its performance!
why?
because the transfer speed between internal hdd and external ssd for average is about 60MB/s (30MB/s - 90MB/s)
for god's sake usb 2 speed is 60MB/s and usb 3 must be 10 times higher! but for me it's pretty the same!
is this normal?
tnx
Transfer speed depends on the capabilities of the slowest device in the chain.
Internal HDD <-> external SSD....the HDD is the slow one. You can't get SSD speed from a spinning HDD.

Lutfij

Titan
You're showing anger at something you're not fully sure of...?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
OS: include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10.

You might want to see if the rear I/O ports with USB3.0 shows the same speed. You might also want to share what files you're moving over since some files move faster than others(read advertising ploy for higher transfer speeds).

The speeds you're seeing, is somewhat right, provided you're not suffering from a corrupt OS or faulty drivers. Maybe see if reinstalling your chipset drivers changes the speeds.

USAFRet

Titan
hi
why?
is this normal?
tnx
Transfer speed depends on the capabilities of the slowest device in the chain.
Internal HDD <-> external SSD....the HDD is the slow one. You can't get SSD speed from a spinning HDD.

Solution