Question Questions regarding RAM and Zen 2...

May 18, 2019
So in preparation of upgrading my trusty old 3570K to Zen 2, I picked up four separate 8 GB modules on sale. These specifically: https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/bls8g4d32aesbk

I bought them individually instead of as a kit because of a discount, but I am now worried about whether or not this will affect system stability and to which degree.

Furthermore, I was recently made aware that I might run into issues running the RAM at the rated speeds because of populating all the DIMM slots instead of having a a single 16 GB module in each channel. Is this something I should be concerned with, and am I better off just using two modules instead?

I doubt I will have a need or 32 GB ram at the moment as gaming, video editing, and some light 3D-modelling are some of the most taxing tasks I use this system for.

However, considering if that I may keep this upcoming setup for as long as my previous, I figure it doesn't hurt to have a bit more RAM than needed currently. This is of course unless it will negatively affect my system performance, as I know Ryzen tends to gain quite a bit from fast RAM speeds.