Questions regarding RAM upgrade

Dec 19, 2018
Recently, my HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB seem to have stopped functioning properly, did multiple Memtest86 through a usb stick, sometimes it would fail after 2 minutes, sometimes after 30minutes, and by fail i mean either it would give thousands of errors or just completly freeze memtest and forcing me to force restart. I'm hoping this is what's behind all the bluescreens ive been experiencing. Now to my question, i have an Asus B85 Pro-Gamer, can i upgrade from these sticks to HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 16GB
2x8GB 1866MHz (PC3-14900) DDR3 CL10, These safely? And if one of the older sticks is still functioning would i be able to mix the new 8x2gb ram with one of the old ones which would be 20gb ram? Hope this was somewhat clear

Lutfij

Titan
Please don't mix and match. Will only lead to hair pulling. I'm curious though, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

The maximum frequency your chipset will allow is 1600MHz. So anything above 1600MHz will be downclocked.

Dec 19, 2018
My current bios is 2203, i updated it about 2 weeks ago. I was not aware of this, thank you for bringing that to my attention, i will refrain from the mixing in that case, 16gb should be more than enough for my needs anyways. So, 1600mhz is the max my board will allow, anything else i should keep in mind?

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. If you have a kit of two 1600MHz modules and they are faulty, Kingston will replace them under warranty.

Since you don't list a part number, I wouldn't know what memory you actually have. If you combined two modules that were sold as Singles, they would have no guarantee to be compatible together. They would only be guaranteed to work as Single modules.

Dec 19, 2018
Well i owned hyperx fury ddr3 4x2gb 1600mhz, part number is HX316C10FB/8. As for the warranty, i bought it from a company in my country which is giving me back the money because . no longer sell these sticks, so my idea was to just use that money + some more and buy new sticks at 16gb i just need some that will go with my motherboard, which is Asus B85 Pro-Gamer. Could i for instance use these with my motherboard?

https://www.komplett.no/product/782913/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/minnebrikker/corsair-vengeance-pro-ddr3-1600mhz-16gb#

Dec 19, 2018

Would a Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB 2x8 sticks go with my motherboard? Everything is up to date with the bios, latest bios update i could find was 2203, so everything should be good.