Question Questions when upgrading my system

Jul 25, 2018
Hello, so I'm hoping to get a new motherboard and SSD soon, so I just have a few questions. So, once I put my new motherboard in and set everything up, is there anything I should do in BIOS or just my computer settings, or anything else I should know about? I'm getting an SSD for more storage since I'm running low. I currently have two HDDs, my main one is around 500 GB and the SSD I'm getting is a TB. If I want to make it my main storage device, do I just backup the HDD and then put the SSD as my main storage device, or what do I do? Sorry if this is the wrong section to ask.

WildCard999

Titan
Since your replacing the motherboard your probably replacing at least the CPU & memory right? If so your going to want to do a clean install of Windows to avoid conflicting motherboard drivers as this will slow down your system. When you go to do this you'll want to have only the SSD connected in the build so your system won't try to install Windows onto the HDD's. Once Windows is installed and you can boot to the desktop then shut down the system, connect the HDD's, turn the system back on and go into the BIOS to make sure the SSD is in the first spot on the boot order. Once your back in the desktop screen if your HDD's don't show up then they probably need to be initialized in Disk Management.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-format-new-hard-drive-windows-10

If you have any important files be sure to back them up before doing the upgrade.

Jul 25, 2018
Since your replacing the motherboard your probably replacing at least the CPU & memory right? If so your going to want to do a clean install of Windows to avoid conflicting motherboard drivers as this will slow down your system. When you go to do this you'll want to have only the SSD connected in the build so your system won't try to install Windows onto the HDD's. Once Windows is installed and you can boot to the desktop then shut down the system, connect the HDD's, turn the system back on and go into the BIOS to make sure the SSD is in the first spot on the boot order. Once your back in the desktop screen if your HDD's don't show up then they probably need to be initialized in Disk Management.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-format-new-hard-drive-windows-10

If you have any important files be sure to back them up before doing the upgrade.
Oh okay, thank you. But I'm not replacing the CPU and Memory, should I be if getting a new motherboard?