Questions with creating a Windows 8.1 bootable USB drive from ISO file

mickeymicky

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
So I've downloaded the ISO file and trying to use rufus to create a Windows 8.1 bootable USB drive.

I read a guide telling me to choose GPT partition scheme for UEFI, use NTFS file system and then choose your ISO file...

Problem is when I choose those options and then choose the Win 8.1 ISO all the options automatically chages back to "MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI-SCM"

and IF I change partition scheme back to GPT for UEFI the file system change to FAT 32..

I'm really confused now.. I'm trying to do a clean win 8.1 install onto a transcend SSD for Lenovo Y510p.

Any clear suggestions on what options I need to choose in rufus to make a bootable media?

mickeymicky

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
So.. "When you’re ready, connect your USB flash drive or insert the DVD, tap or click Create media, and then follow the instructions."

I'm guessing I just save the installation file to usb flash drive? Do I need to format the usb to certain file system first? It says follow the instruction but there's almost no instruction..

Thanks a lot for answering

1) No sarcasm
2) The instructions are clear, put the USB you want to convert into an installer in your computer, download and run the tool in the purple box, follow the on-screen instructions

mickeymicky

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Thanks for the help but I was not trying to be sarcastic at all, I've trying to create several boot disk on the same USB and they all required to format it to certain type like NTFS.. It was a legit question and I just wanted to do it right.

Just go to the page and follow the instructions, it'll do 100% of everything for you.