Quick ? about Front USB on case

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Ok, im going with a Lian LI pc case... and many of the cases that have FRONT USB...have those wires your supposed to run from the front to the back.. i don't want that .. i wanna be able to plug them in to the mobo.. are there Adapters for this?

This Community is like a Second Family!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
There are allways solutions for those smart of brain.
My black case came with front usb conenctors, and i dont use em either... all they do is hook up with the rear mobo usb ports anyway. you can just use your normal rear USb ports or hubs or usb cards etc. Getting additional ports isnt hard, many motherboards come with 2 or 4 as standard with a plugin pci slot for an extra 2.

As with mine i actually removed the cables to the front to reduce clutter.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I don't quite get your question. Do you mean that you don't want all of the wires to plug into each pin individually and would rather have them in a single connector? If so, what I did was just carefully remove each wire and arranged them in a single connector (which I had lying around) according to my mobo's specs.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Oh. Okay. I know what you're saying. Duh. I've never run across a case that just runs wires from front to back. The Lian Li does indeed plug directly into the mobo.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ohhh awesome.. ok thanks alot upec... Lian Li cases' are awesome.

slide out mobo tray is nice... nice and easy to work on

This Community is like a Second Family!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yes. they are nice arnt they.
I was planning on getting a Lian LI... till i found this black atlas case. Love at first sight!

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
MS internet pro keyboard comes with 2 usb ports built into them, pretty cool (easy access) if you don't want to use the back ones in your case and don't have front ports in case

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i went with the PC-60b Case 138$

yeah that's cool i am gonna get new key/mouse soon..

probley gonna get the Microsoft Internet Keyboard, and the Microsoft Optical Mouse

Is THG Slightly Slacking??