Quick and Easy Way To Install Windows Updates?

Hi again,
I'm now in the process of updating my laptop after a reinstall of Windows Vista and it's taking WAY TOO LONG to do this through Windows Update. Hours have gone by and it's still updating! There has got to be a better way. Any of you have any suggestions about what I should do for future installs? I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit.

Any software out there that will download all of these updates to a folder for future installs?

I'd even consider slipstreaming Vista with the latest updates if I can find some reliable info on how to do that with service packs 1 and 2, but I've read that windows auto updating wouldn't work with a slipstreamed version of Vista. Any truth to this?

Look, any help you have to offer will be greatly appreciated and I really do appreciate your time.

thomson_09

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
I'm now in the process of updating my laptop after a reinstall of Windows Vista and it's taking WAY TOO LONG to do this through Windows Update.

i use the command line tool WuInstall for setting up new machines. with that i can simply install all available updates without user interaction. it installs updates until a reboot is needed, then it restarts the system on its own and contiues with installing further updates if available.

i think it is the fastest way to update fresh installed windows system and it worked well in my case.