Quick launch customization

I want to be able to customise the quicklaunch bar and have it as standard
for a number of users on different pc's. Where is all the quicklaunch bar
information held and what is the easiest way to create a standard quicklaunch
bar.

In article <1245DF07-0FF6-4090-8168-E485E09547AE@microsoft.com>,
krys@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I want to be able to customise the quicklaunch bar and have it as standard
> for a number of users on different pc's. Where is all the quicklaunch bar
> information held and what is the easiest way to create a standard quicklaunch
> bar.

I know in my computer running xp pro it is in C:\Documents and Settings
\user account\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch,
it just a folder.
Hope that helps some.
wetink

In news:1245DF07-0FF6-4090-8168-E485E09547AE@microsoft.com,
krys <krys@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I want to be able to customise the quicklaunch bar and have it
> as
> standard for a number of users on different pc's. Where is all
> the
> quicklaunch bar information held and what is the easiest way to
> create a standard quicklaunch bar.

The Quick Launch is essentially just a special view of the
following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

This folder just contains shortcuts to apps, so all you need to
do is copy that folder from computer to computer, changing the
user name portion of the path as appropriate.

However, bear two things in mind:

1. Those shortcuts contain the path and exe name of the apps they
point to. If you copy the folder to a different computer, it has
to have the same apps installed, and they have to be installed in
the same folders; otherwise those shortcut pointers will be
wrong.

2. You can't readily prevent each user from adding, deleting, or
changing shortcuts on the bar, so even if they start out
identical on all computers, over time, they are likely to vary.

Please reply to the newsgroup

kelly

Hi,

See: Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"krys" <krys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to be able to customise the quicklaunch bar and have it as standard
> for a number of users on different pc's. Where is all the quicklaunch bar
> information held and what is the easiest way to create a standard
> quicklaunch
> bar.

TRENDING THREADS