Quick - No Time to Explain: Which Is Better - a Dual-Fan GPU with One Fan Blocked by a Soundcard, or a Blower-style GPU?

Solution
Without more details like case layout and overall airflow:

I would still probably recommend the dual fan option. The blower type would run louder and hotter, but is ideal in an enclosed area. The card probably wont be confined enough for the blower to be worth it.
Without more details like case layout and overall airflow:

I would still probably recommend the dual fan option. The blower type would run louder and hotter, but is ideal in an enclosed area. The card probably wont be confined enough for the blower to be worth it.

Solution

the_ultra_code

Commendable
Apr 6, 2017
Sorry, should have at least posted a picture of the current system:
OXWy9XW.jpg

the_ultra_code

Commendable
Apr 6, 2017
The (newly-won) Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 is for my Windows XP/10 Retro/Modern Gaming Machine. Specs of the machine now (until I get that card) are as follows:

• ■ Intel Core i5-750 overclocked to 3.5GHz (20x multiplier, 175 BCLK, auto voltages)
    ■ Asus P7H55-M Motherboard
    ■ 8GB G.Skills Sniper DDR3 2133MHz RAM (clocked at 1750MHz)
    ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi PCIe soundcard
    ■ Asus Optical SATA drive
    ■ Crucial MX500 500GB SATA3 SSD
    ■ Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
    ■ SanDisk Plus 128GB SSD
    ■ Corsair CX550 80+ Plus Bronze 550W PSU
    ■ EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
    ■ Fractal Design Focus G Mini

I wanted to upgrade the GPU not just because I want my XP/Vista games to run better at 1440p (I know, overkill, but, it is the monitor I have), but also this is the most powerful PC I own, so, the more power the better. And I would have went with a 970, were it not for the lack of official XP support (I know you can "unofficially" support 970s and above, but, I'd rather not).

I was thinking that a blower might be better because one fan of any two-fan GPU will be blocked, but I can see the reasoning why it still will be a good idea to stay with a dual-fan setup, even with the "handicap". Besides, with a custom fan curve, my card usually only tops off at the 70 C's. Louder? Yes. But not that bad. Just wanted some reassurance.

If someone says that I should have forgone the dual-fan and gone with the blower, unless the card I get is dead (somehow), then well, oh well, YOLO.

Sorry though for the sloppy and rushed thread. Usually, I never do this, but I didn't think ahead, and, well, time was a ticking, so, this was the result. If I ever about to get into another one of these situations, well, I won't let that happen. :)

Thanks everyone for your contributions, however small. I appreciated it!