[SOLVED] Quick noob question

Clueless1200

Reputable
Jul 5, 2016
Hi,

I'm probably about to buy one of these motherboards. Seems it has onboard wifi, so I won't need a wifi card or anything will I? (Pretty sure but just double checking as I'm completely new to this)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Think of it like this. If the wifi board is the same price or only 20 dollars more than the other boards you were considering then pick it.

Geef

Distinguished
Normally a PC wouldn't need wifi just because its most likely in the same room as your router and probably sitting right next to it so you can run an ethernet cord. Anyway if you really did need wifi its like 20 bucks or less to pick up a little usb wifi connector. Don't choose just because of it. Make your choice based on other factors.

Clueless1200

Reputable
Jul 5, 2016
Normally a PC wouldn't need wifi just because its most likely in the same room as your router and probably sitting right next to it so you can run an ethernet cord. Anyway if you really did need wifi its like 20 bucks or less to pick up a little usb wifi connector. Don't choose just because of it. Make your choice based on other factors.
Sitting next to the router isn't an option for me (anymore) unfortunately. I originally was gonna get a cheap TP-Link adapter but thought this would be better. I was already considering getting this board regardless of the wifi, though.