Question Quick PC question (Ram related?)

keat_beutlich

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've had this PC I built for about a year now, I just changed out the motherboard, CPU and ram as it was a whole new generation up. (was running DDR3) Anyways, I've been having this weird issue with some games, where if I play them with my browser open or even something like OBS, the game will crash almost everything on the computer, and sometimes black my screen and then slowly come back. So my question is, is this a RAM issue? Do I need more ram? Or is something wrong with my ram? Or is this a entirely different part issue? I've been dealing with it for a couple months now, just dealing with the fact I can't run some games and have a video or something on, but now I'm playing Tarkov on the lowest of settings, and it'll crash sometimes loading into the bigger maps like Customs and Reserve.

Rest of the PC specs:
i7 8700 3.2ghz
RTX 2060 Super
16gb of Corsair Vengeance running at 3200mhz
MSI Z390-A Pro

keat_beutlich

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
No, that is not the same. Best to download the installation media from the Microsoft site to a USB and install from that.

Are all motherboard drivers up to date and downloaded from the motherboard support page?
Shoot... I don't know where that windows install usb went, I'll have to look for it, and that I know for a fact I haven't done... I'll go look into that.

keat_beutlich

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
No, that is not the same. Best to download the installation media from the Microsoft site to a USB and install from that.

Are all motherboard drivers up to date and downloaded from the motherboard support page?
Did some little Intel chipset updates, did everything I could atm, I couldn't find a USB that I could use for the bios so I have to get one tomorrow.