Why do postings drop off this board so quickly? I posted a question last
week. There was a response to my question. I answered that but when I
went back to check if there was another response, all were gone. I
haven't seen the charter of this group so don't know if there is a short
time limit on postings. TIA

Rita L. wrote:
> Why do postings drop off this board so quickly? I posted a question
> last week. There was a response to my question. I answered that but
> when I went back to check if there was another response, all were
> gone. I haven't seen the charter of this group so don't know if there
> is a short time limit on postings. TIA

Sounds like you need to use a different newsgroup and/or client.
(Or configure your client better.)

--
<- Shenan ->

Rita L. wrote:
> Why do postings drop off this board so quickly? I posted a question
> last week. There was a response to my question. I answered that but
> when I went back to check if there was another response, all were
> gone. I haven't seen the charter of this group so don't know if there
> is a short time limit on postings. TIA

As a point of reference, do you mean this posting and corresponding
(Entire previous thread copied below.)

--
<- Shenan ->

That depend on how you access this group:
If on ISP's news-server, it depends on their retention time
On Microsoft's news-server, the retention time is somewhere around
3months...

You can access M$'s news-server (in OE) by adding newsaccount :
Tools->Accounts , add->newsgroups, server is news.microsoft.com

--
Tumppi
Reply to group