Quick question about RAM

Aleximus96

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2016
Hello, i have motherboard arriving tomorrow morning (in about 10h) i have all other components except ram, it will arrive in 2 days time, i have spare 8gb stick in my pc (i have 16 but never used more than 8)

The PC i am building will be a clean OS instal.

Can i build a PC with this 1 "borrowed" stick of ram, and when the other arrive, just swap it out, i don't want some random registry errors.
Does RAM change affects Windows what-so-ever ? I am low on time, so i plan to build and install the PC with my ram, and change it later, just need to know if it will have some negative impact. Thanks.

Solution
D
So you just want to assemble the PC with the RAM you have currently then swap it with the new RAM when it arrives? Yeah that's fine.

Aleximus96

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2016

Yeah, the board is
Asus H310M-D,
The RAM that is coming is :
Transcend 1x8GB DDR4 2666Mhz CL19 U-DIMM 1.2V (JetRam)
I have 2x8GB Kit G. SKILL RIPJAWS V 3000 CL15
i plan to use 1 of those 2 g skill sticks to instal the system.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might work but a good chance mixing ram wont work especially seeing Transcend has different timings, voltage and frequency. The Gskill will have to adapt to the lower spec ram if bios is left on auto settings.

Are those Gskill from a kit or singular? You mentioned borrowed, so i assume they aren't from a kit?

Im having trouble understanding here.

D

Deleted member 217926

So you just want to assemble the PC with the RAM you have currently then swap it with the new RAM when it arrives? Yeah that's fine.

Solution

Aleximus96

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2016

I am having trouble explaining, i am wierd, sorry. xD

Aleximus96

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2016

That's what i said, i am wierd, i wanted to say borrow from my own pc, but you got the point. :D