Quick question about sound card and bluetooth

ThePlasticBling

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hello everybody, got a quick question about using virtual surround sound on a Bluetooth headphones with a sound card. I am planning on buying the creative sound blaster zx, and am interested in using the sbx 3D virtual surround sound. Would the virtual surround carry over through Bluetooth? I have a set of stereo Bluetooth headphones. Also, how easy would it be to switch from the sound going to the Bluetooth headphones and my speakers? Would hate to have to adjust settings every time I want to change what I'm using for sound. Appreciate it guys!

Lutfij

Titan
When you speak of having audio over a wireless mode of communication such as Bluetooth speakers(or headphones) the audio processing will take pace at the headphones transmitter and/or the charging/docking station which wil suaully be connected to the system via USB. That being said any and or all audio processing will take place at the USB end while your dedicated sound card will be left alone.

So if you plan on buying the Creative Sound Blaster ZX, you're going to need to connect to the sound card to your audio equipment via an analog or optical wire which is physically culminating at the speakers or your headphone. If your speakers and/or your headphones are wireless, we;re back to the discussion of having the audio processing done on the charging station/transmitter.