[SOLVED] quick question about used b450 steel legend or new b450 pro4-f

Solution
sorry for my ignorance but i didnt understand that much what was the conclussion, my apologies (english is not my language)
I think you can get the same B450m Steel Legend board, brand new, for about $25 more on Amazon. You are saving $25 on a gamble that you get a good board.

The B450m pro - 4 is a good board, especially for a 3300x. It's a little bit cheaper but brand new.

The conclusion is you have to make the choice for yourself.

pepitonub

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
im asking because i want to oc and i know the steel legend is better for that and it comes with ryzen 3000 ready and im getting a 3300x, my question is if it is a good deal 83$ used from amazon warehouuse because never bought a used mb.

im asking because i want to oc and i know the steel legend is better for that and it comes with ryzen 3000 ready and im getting a 3300x, my question is if it is a good deal 83$ used from amazon warehouuse because never bought a used mb.
Used is always a gamble, especially a motherboard. Make sure you're getting benefit of Amazon return policy including paid return shipping. You're also well advised to have a plan in case either of the boards comes without required BIOS support for a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

BTW... neither of these boards have very potent VRM's which would be needed for overclocking an 8 core or, especially, 12 core CPU. But a 4 core 3300x should be OK even though gains will be slim if any at all. Not because of the board but because Zen2 just doesn't overclock, the boost algorithm generally gets all that the processor can deliver much better than a fixed overclock can.

Reactions: DMAN999

pepitonub

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Used is always a gamble, especially a motherboard. Make sure you're getting benefit of Amazon return policy including paid return shipping. You're also well advised to have a plan in case either of the boards comes without required BIOS support for a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

BTW... neither of these boards have very potent VRM's which would be needed for overclocking an 8 core or, especially, 12 core CPU. But a 4 core 3300x should be OK even though gains will be slim if any at all. Not because of the board but because Zen2 just doesn't overclock, the boost algorithm generally gets all that the processor can deliver much better than a fixed overclock can.
in conclusion 83$ used is good to go?

in conclusion 83$ used is good to go?
That's a very personal choice, imo, so...personally...i think saving only $25 or so isn't worth it considering it's an internet order. Partly, or maybe mainly, that's because I've been burned on open-box, return and 'used' motherboard purchases from my local computer store often enough. Even getting them from a local computer store is a hassle with the two week return policy they have. With internet ordering, the turn-around-time isn't worth the high risk of DOA even if you get free return shipping.

But like I said, that's my personal experience.

pepitonub

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
That's a very personal choice, imo, so...personally...i think saving only $25 or so isn't worth it considering it's an internet order. Partly, or maybe mainly, that's because I've been burned on open-box, return and 'used' motherboard purchases from my local computer store often enough. Even getting them from a local computer store is a hassle with the two week return policy they have. With internet ordering, the turn-around-time isn't worth the high risk of DOA even if you get free return shipping.

But like I said, that's my personal experience.
sorry for my ignorance but i didnt understand that much what was the conclussion, my apologies (english is not my language)

I think you can get the same B450m Steel Legend board, brand new, for about $25 more on Amazon. You are saving $25 on a gamble that you get a good board.

The B450m pro - 4 is a good board, especially for a 3300x. It's a little bit cheaper but brand new.

The conclusion is you have to make the choice for yourself.

Solution