Question Quick question please help

Nov 17, 2021
In my old computer, when I was playing something, i could keep the voluem the way I want, but on my computer speaker I can make it lower, and the volume in the computer would stay the same. But in all the new computers there is no option to do this. If I change the volume on my speaker, then it automaticlaly changes the volume on my computer. I dont want that. I want the volume to stay the same on my computer, but different on my speaker. I have kept my old computer just becuase this option is there. None of the new computers ever have this. I search online and no one writes about it. And it seems like there is no article on it...........so can someone please help?..........is there an option for this? I have had this thing as a mystery for years............and when I posted on Toms hardward a few weeks back I got two different answers then.

Nov 17, 2021
I want to buy a computer speaker that will let me change the volume through the speaker, but not change the volume in the computer then. Is there such a speaker? They used to have this on my old computers, and it seems like none of the new computers have it. If this kind of speaker is available for a purchase then, well what is the name of this type of speaker?

Nov 17, 2021
So do they have to have all three? It has to be connected 3.5, it has to have the knob, and it has to have an internal amp? i know that might seem stupid to ask but im just wondering becuase what if the speaker has one of the three, or two of the three, then will it work?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't have USB connected speakers and don't know for sure if standalone volume control with those is possible. It should be, if they too have volume knob.

I've had several 3.5mm jack speakers and every speaker that has volume knob, has the internal AMP, giving standalone volume control. Btw, without internal amplifier, volume knob wouldn't work.

Just look for 3.5mm jack speakers with volume knob. Loads of those out there.
1st one on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-3-5mm-Compact-Laptop-Speakers/dp/B003CP0OT2

In my old computer, when I was playing something, i could keep the voluem the way I want, but on my computer speaker I can make it lower, and the volume in the computer would stay the same. But in all the new computers there is no option to do this. If I change the volume on my speaker, then it automaticlaly changes the volume on my computer. I dont want that. I want the volume to stay the same on my computer, but different on my speaker. I have kept my old computer just becuase this option is there. None of the new computers ever have this. I search online and no one writes about it. And it seems like there is no article on it...........so can someone please help?..........is there an option for this? I have had this thing as a mystery for years............and when I posted on Toms hardward a few weeks back I got two different answers then.

Your other questions about this all talk about a laptop. I have not seen a laptop with audio controls just for the speaker volume that does not change the system volume, I don't think ever. Maybe a very old one with analog audio volume would work that way but I can't think of anything I have seen with that option. For an external speaker, then as above, an analog 3.5 mm connection speaker would have a separate volume control that won't change the Windows sound level.

Nov 17, 2021
Your other questions about this all talk about a laptop. I have not seen a laptop with audio controls just for the speaker volume that does not change the system volume, I don't think ever. Maybe a very old one with analog audio volume would work that way but I can't think of anything I have seen with that option. For an external speaker, then as above, an analog 3.5 mm connection speaker would have a separate volume control that won't change the Windows sound level.
Yes it was a toshiba labtop from six years ago and when ever I buy a new labtop they do not have this .