[SOLVED] Quick question, what to do after buying a new second-hand CPU?

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I just got myself a killer deal (by my standards), a complete-package Ryzen 3 2200G , along with unused cooler, the box, and everything. Got it for $55. I understand that 3300X and 3100 is all the rage these days, but with that price I just couldn't ignore that.

Anyway, due to how cheap it is, I'm a bit worried whether the CPU is still working fine or not. I met the seller face-to-face so if something goes awry I can drive there and knock right on his door.

So, I'm trying to do some testing to the CPU to make sure it's legit. What tools should I use? I mean, when it comes to memory we have MemTest86, PSU or GPU we have something like FurMark or 3DMark (just pulled that on top of my head), HDD Sentinel for hard drives. But which tool should I use to 'test' the stability of a CPU and make sure it's ready for long-term use? I don't want a dud really that's all.

Solution
Downloaded OCCT and tried the stress test. CPU temp maxes out at 66 C after about 10 minutes. No error. Inside a case with 2 intake and 1 exhaust. That's good number, right?
I'm using the stock unused cooler I got with the box, and the stock paste too.

Cinebench numbers matches the ones listed on the internet, give or take few CB points. So, good sign?

Max operating temperature for that processor is 95C so 66C under a stress test is more than acceptable.

Cinebench numbers will not always be exactly the same due to some variables but if its pulling in similar enough numbers compared to other 2200G's then its a legitimate 2200G

I think everything checks out

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Downloaded OCCT and tried the stress test. CPU temp maxes out at 66 C after about 10 minutes. No error. Inside a case with 2 intake and 1 exhaust. That's good number, right?

Cinebench numbers matches the ones listed on the internet, give or take few CB points. So, good sign?

Furzumz

Reputable

Max operating temperature for that processor is 95C so 66C under a stress test is more than acceptable.

Cinebench numbers will not always be exactly the same due to some variables but if its pulling in similar enough numbers compared to other 2200G's then its a legitimate 2200G

I think everything checks out

Solution