[SOLVED] quick quetion

Dec 30, 2019
Do i need a bootable version of windows 10 to start or should it go directly to bios?

Solution
there is a red light next to the ram text im using a mpg x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard.
On page 39 of your motherboard manual.....it explains the LEDs.
I would reseat the memory......and only one stick.....and from what I see in your manual you want to install it in DIMMA2. If it doesn't work.....and you have another stick....I'd try the other stick.
I'd also inspect the slots for any debris.....while you have the memory out.
its just black
Check your lights on your motherboard....they may indicate the problem.
Also, try booting with just one stick of RAM.
Also, being it's a new build.....I would go through everything again.....and only have connected what you need (don't be connecting extra drives etc....just connect the bare minimum to get it to boot....which is basically the the PSU, the MB, the CPU, memory, a GPU if you need one.....and one drive if you want).

Dec 30, 2019
Check your lights on your motherboard....they may indicate the problem.
Also, try booting with just one stick of RAM.
Also, being it's a new build.....I would go through everything again.....and only have connected what you need (don't be connecting extra drives etc....just connect the bare minimum to get it to boot....which is basically the the PSU, the MB, the CPU, memory, a GPU if you need one.....and one drive if you want).
there is a red light next to the ram text im using a mpg x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard.

On page 39 of your motherboard manual.....it explains the LEDs.
I would reseat the memory......and only one stick.....and from what I see in your manual you want to install it in DIMMA2. If it doesn't work.....and you have another stick....I'd try the other stick.
I'd also inspect the slots for any debris.....while you have the memory out.

Solution