Quick USB connection header question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhendin

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Hey guys - just got some pieces to put together my new HTPC system. I don't think I've built a system since USB 2.0 was released.

My Asus F1A75-V Evo board has 4 2.0 connectors with 7 pins each, laid out like this:

+5/D-/D+/G/NC
+5/D-/D+/G

My case however has 1 USB connection that matches up (for the front 2 ports), but also has two USB connections for the LCD and card reader which are just standard USB, like this:

+5/D-/D+/G

Question is do I just put both the single USBs into one of the double ports like above and just leave the NC not connected? (is that what NC stands for :D).

I hope that's how its done, as there are no single (4 port) usb connections.

Also, when plugging in the front power connectors/LEDs, each one has a white and a colored connector. Does the white usually represent + or - and/or pwr or ground.

Thanks!

Solution
Yes the dual connector is two individual ports, you can connect both there and NC (no connection)
On the case connection white usually is - and color is +.

bhendin

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
thanks, yeah I went ahead and did it before I got the reply as I thought it was right and everything looks good.

Only problem is not HDD activity light, and I think I have it in the right way...having issues getting my SSD setup to install Windows on though, so not 100% sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.