Question Quicker way to switch between desktop speakers and headset?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I find myself frequently switching between my headset and my desktop speakers with my wife sharing the office with me. Is there a quicker/easier way to do this other then going into the menu, control panel, sound, adjusting from one to the other and applying every time?

Thanks.

when was the last time you did this , I had the same problem as you , BEFORE windows did an under the bonnet update and altered the sound panel all I had to do was plug in the headset and the speakers were automatically muted. AFTER the interface was altered I had to do what you are doing now.

A few days ago in plugged my headset in and before i went into the settings i realised the speakers were muted just like they used to be.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Hmmm. Well my headset is wireless, but I guess when I turn them on, they don't automatically override the desktop speakers if that is what you are saying. Maybe the plugging in action triggers something? It sure would be nice if turning my headset on automatically overrode the desktops and then turning them off put the desktops back on default. That would seem to be perfect.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Yeah, so that didn't work. Turn off my arctis 7's and the sound tab still says they are the default after I turn them off. That's why I have to go back in and set my desktops as the default, until I want to use my arctis 7's again.