Quicklaunch and the Start menu

Hi,

I use the quicklaunch toolbar for all my programs, however the programs I
launch from the toolbar do not show up in frequently used programs on the
StartMenu.

What do I need to do to enable this?

Thanks,
John

John Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the quicklaunch toolbar for all my programs, however the programs I
> launch from the toolbar do not show up in frequently used programs on the
> StartMenu.
>
> What do I need to do to enable this?
>

> Thanks,
> John

I also use the QL toolbar to launch a few programs, and some, but not
all, do show up on the recent programs list (i.e. Disk Cleanup and Winamp).

--
Norm

With mine it seems to be all of them.(MS Office, Firefox, paint programs,
music programs, and everything else)

Thanks,
John

[[Tip: Windows XP can only display up to eight most-often-used programs on
the left side of the new Start menu. If you'd like to see more at a time (up
to 14), decrease the size of the icons displayed there. Right click the
Start button (or a blank area of the Start menu) and select Properties. On
the Start Menu tab, click the Customize button next to Start Menu. On the
General tab, select Small icons, then click OK twice. ]]

The Program Count for the Most Frequently Used Programs List Is Not Used
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320987

Frequently Used Programs Not Automatically Added to the Start Menu
;282066]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];282066

Description of the Start Menu in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279767

How To Prevent a Program from Being Displayed in the Most Frequently Used
Programs List in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q284198

Programs Removed from the Most Frequently Used Programs List Can Reappear
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282462

The "Clear List" Button in Start Menu Properties Does Not Become Unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323208

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:EB87CB2A-9D19-4D07-AC72-AAE98BA837DC@microsoft.com,
John Paul <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> With mine it seems to be all of them.(MS Office, Firefox, paint
> programs, music programs, and everything else)
>

> Thanks,
> John

Thank you, but still no info as to why shortcuts in quicklaunch are excluded.

Thanks,
John

kelly

Interesting, that said not sure that the arena applies.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP