Question Quiet 2060 super

Jul 17, 2020
I have a 2060 super gaming oc which produces quite loud coil whine and I'm thinking of returning it. Which 2060 super would be the quietest but still performs well.

It's all about the inner workings of the PSU, such as the quality of the capacitors and voltage regulators and how it all plays into the level of protection and reliability that you get. If you read a few PSU reviews on Tom's Hardware, you'll see what I mean.

It's entirely possible it has nothing to do with your PSU, I'm just putting forward a possibility for you to consider based on stuff I've heard before. It might be worth returning your GPU for a replacement to see if you got a bad unit. Or maybe you could get one from a different brand to see if that makes any difference.

Jul 17, 2020
It's all about the inner workings of the PSU, such as the quality of the capacitors and voltage regulators and how it all plays into the level of protection and reliability that you get. If you read a few PSU reviews on Tom's Hardware, you'll see what I mean.

It's entirely possible it has nothing to do with your PSU, I'm just putting forward a possibility for you to consider based on stuff I've heard before. It might be worth returning your GPU for a replacement to see if you got a bad unit. Or maybe you could get one from a different brand to see if that makes any difference.
I'll ask one of my friends if I can borrow their psu and ill see if it makes a difference but if that doesn't work I think ill probably get a refund and try a different model. I was thinking of trying the msi 2060 super gaming x or is that a bad model?