Quiet Case Fans

ThatGamerJake

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
hello. I need quiet case fans....... I currently have Corsair AF120 LED fans, and they are loud!!!! I need to stick to a black and red theme here...... Suggestions?

Solution
Corsair ML120, they have the same if not better LED than AF, quieter and stronger than AF and of course more expensive. ML Pro is quieter than non Profit, they have rubber anti vibration corners. I believe there's even Rgb LED version.

Or get Noctua NF-F12 Industrial with 7v low noise adapter cable, they are black. Though Noctua don't do led.

BigBoomBoom

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
Corsair ML120, they have the same if not better LED than AF, quieter and stronger than AF and of course more expensive. ML Pro is quieter than non Profit, they have rubber anti vibration corners. I believe there's even Rgb LED version.

Or get Noctua NF-F12 Industrial with 7v low noise adapter cable, they are black. Though Noctua don't do led.

Solution

The only problem with the MLs is that certain motherboards will destroy their magnetic bearings. I've confirmed that this is the case with Corsair engineers.

As such I can only recommend those if you make sure that your motherboard supports true 4-pin PWM speed control. Some 4-pin headers do not have the fourth pin connected, and those will damage the fans. If your motherboard supports them, they are better than the Silent Wings 3 in noise sensitive situations, and better than the Noctuas in airflow/noise balanced situations.

Regarding the Noctuas, they move a ton of air. They are not as quiet as the Silent Wings 3. They are best suited to situations that want above-average to excellent airflow with tolerable noise. They are not suitable to noise sensitive situations.