Question Quiet Internal Drives

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Is there a big difference in noise levels of internal blu ray writers?

Most sites suggest the same lg, asus, and pioneer drives, but it's tough to tell if there would be much difference in noise, such as when burning.

Also, do all play and burn 3d or not? They keep mentioning it for the lg, but not the others, and I don't want to buy lg. I want either asus or pioneer.

Oh also do mobos or cases come with sata cables? These drives typically don't.

1. Not really its a hardware standard so they all sound more or less the same

2. See above probably not

3. 3d info is stored the same way as normal data so yeah no special hardware needed

4. Most will come with 2-4 cables but if you need some you can pickup a pack of 5 for like 8 bucks on amazon

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
What I want to know is how the BW-16D1HT is rated 4.5/5 on Amazon and then on Newegg it has TONS of 1 star reviews. Also, on Amazon people say it is windows 10 compatible and on newegg someone says it isn't.

Kinda hard to pick a drive with mixed claims about it. And it seems like all drives out there are years old, nothing recently released.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone? Sad how hard it is to figure out something as simple as which drive to get. There's only 3 reputable brands... lg, pioneer, asus. I am tired of my lg one, so that leaves me with 2 other brands. then sites contradict on details on them. I need a burner that works in windows 10 and is dependable.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I hate to even get anything asus with them being so ridiculous. In both Edge and Firefox clicking the start chat button does nothing, so I can't even ask them to confirm it's windows 10 compatible. And the only asus product I have had issues from day 1, as well.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
What is the freakin deal with next to no companies making any new models in recent years?

Asus confirmed indeed theirs from years ago is compatible with windows 10, but then I realized it's a rebranded lg...……. I am tired of lg products.

Anyway so really my only choices are a $75 asus and a $75 pioneer. Any reason to choose the pioneer over the asus?

Just really bugs me that it's several years old tech and them not making new replacement models and still no legit uhd burners out there, either.