[SOLVED] Quiet microphone on Windows 10

KaapeK

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hello, i'm having problems with my microphone, I've built my PC 5-6 days ago and I have a problem with the microphone, whenever I speak the microphone doesn't pick up sound, but when I put the mic in my mouth it does work, however is really bad quality. I've tested the microphone on different device and it worked, also I updated my driver few times, even tried different ones and didnt work. I adjusted it to 100% in Voice Settings and didn't help too.. Please help me

PC:
  • ryzen 5 2600x
  • gtx 650
  • 16gb ram
  • asrock b450m hdv r4.0
  • some 550w psu

The microphone im trying to use is the regular one you get in any earphones, but they do work, Ive tested them on multiple devices and theyve worked, its just that they dont pick up the sound when they are far from my mouth, they only do if they are 1cm away.

Thanks..

Solution
Hello

In addition to trying the solutions given here, you can also try to rollback the audio driver to see if any earlier version works correctly.

Also, please try checking for BIOS and Windows updates to check if doing so does the trick.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

In addition to trying the solutions given here, you can also try to rollback the audio driver to see if any earlier version works correctly.

Also, please try checking for BIOS and Windows updates to check if doing so does the trick.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution