[SOLVED] Quieter Ryzen stock cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler or Wraith Spire Cooler?

shadyj

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
I'm looking to buy either a Ryzen 3600 or 3600x. The clockspeed difference doesn't make too much of a difference to me, but if the fan noise was significantly less on the 3600x, that lower noise plus the increase in clock speed would make the extra cost worth it. So my question is: is the Wraith Spire Cooler stock fan of the 3600x less noisy than the Wraith Stealth Cooler fan of the 3600?

Solution
They are quite close on their respective loads. Thing is if you don't run 3600x full speed then spire as bigger one will handle same heat without spinning so hard.
If you want silence then cap the boost ~100-150 Mhz from max. That thing comes with like more ~10% power, and usually is enough to keep cpu from being whiny.
Or just grab a aftermarket (150W+) one like those:
https://www.bequiet.com/en/compare/cpucooler/series
I recommend be-quitet as they really know what they are doing.
I'm looking to buy either a Ryzen 3600 or 3600x. The clockspeed difference doesn't make too much of a difference to me, but if the fan noise was significantly less on the 3600x, that lower noise plus the increase in clock speed would make the extra cost worth it. So my question is: is the Wraith Spire Cooler stock fan of the 3600x less noisy than the Wraith Stealth Cooler fan of the 3600?
Yes, Spire is better than Stealth but mounts differently. I don't think price difference is worth the change. Get some aftermarket cooler instead.

Reactions: Rdslw and shadyj
They are quite close on their respective loads. Thing is if you don't run 3600x full speed then spire as bigger one will handle same heat without spinning so hard.
If you want silence then cap the boost ~100-150 Mhz from max. That thing comes with like more ~10% power, and usually is enough to keep cpu from being whiny.
Or just grab a aftermarket (150W+) one like those:
https://www.bequiet.com/en/compare/cpucooler/series
I recommend be-quitet as they really know what they are doing.

Solution