[SOLVED] quietest 80mm fans?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2849646
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2849646

Hi,

I'm looking for quiet 80 mm fans to replace the stock loud dell ones that are on their last leg I think.

I have come across these two during some research: Arctic F8 silent (0.08 sone), and NF-R8 Redux (17.1dB) - no idea about the conversions! Sone makes no sense to me!

Which of these are quieter, and are there any quieter 80mm ones around?

Also, are there quieter fans than the bog standard intel cpu fan or is that the quietest available?

Thanks!

Solution
It looks like your 3040 uses standard fan connectors, so you shouldn't need the adapters, and you shouldn't get an error code like I do using an adapter on a proprietary Dell cpu fan 5 pin plug.

Dell_OptiPlex_3040_SFF_motherboard.jpg
D

Deleted member 2849646

Some Dell fans are actually proprietary and not interchangeable with standard fans.

What model is your Dell?
3040 sff. I saw some vids online and apparently you can get adapter cables to let non propriety fans work. At least that's what @Remeca suggested (I think!)

D

Deleted member 2849646

It looks like your 3040 uses standard fan connectors, so you shouldn't need the adapters, and you shouldn't get an error code like I do using an adapter on a proprietary Dell cpu fan 5 pin plug.

That's a relief! Thanks for going to the trouble of looking this up for me - appreciate the help :)

Reactions: Remeca