[SOLVED] Quite GPU that can do 4K

Sep 15, 2019
I built a machine a few years back that I use mostly as an HTPC but that my son also uses for games. I just got a 4K OLED that I connected it to but my current GPU is not up to the task. I want to replace it but because it is an HTPC I want a quieter GPU. I know passive cooling is not happening with 4K so was hoping for suggestions. Thanks.

Solution
And on the which games question he is not playing super cutting edge games. I was looking at the
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 256-bit 14Gbps Gaming Graphics Card
That would be good choice if the games aren't overly demanding and as for keeping it quiet you could probably create a custom fan curve via MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX.

WildCard999

Titan
Which games?

For newer AAA games at 4K your looking at the 2080S or 2080 ti. For older or low requirement games you could probably get away with a cheaper GPU. Depending on the case it also may determine which type of cooling to get but with smaller cases with limited to zero airflow having something completely silent may prove to be a bit difficult.

Please list the current specs of this system.

Sep 15, 2019
And on the which games question he is not playing super cutting edge games. I was looking at the
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 256-bit 14Gbps Gaming Graphics Card

WildCard999

Titan
That would be good choice if the games aren't overly demanding and as for keeping it quiet you could probably create a custom fan curve via MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX.

Solution