Question QVL Mistake?

monitorlizard

Reputable
Aug 5, 2018
Well...what?
People will respond when they are ready.
Not on your schedule.

If you were to google that specific part number:
CMW32GX4M2C3200C16, you find that is 2 x 16GB sticks. Probably a typo.
Write to them and tell them of their mistake.

Two things:

First, bumping is against forum policy, so consider this a formal warning to stop doing that on your threads.

Second, what more do you expect from users who 1) dont have access to the full list, just a cropped screenshot and 2) dont work for corsair, to say about this list? Its either a typo, or its the density.

Contact corsair and let us all know, they are the only people who can answer the question, and it would help prevent any confusion considering everything we have to say is nothing better than an educated guess at this point.

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Two things:

First, bumping is against forum policy, so consider this a formal warning to stop doing that on your threads.

Second, what more do you expect from users who 1) dont have access to the full list, just a cropped screenshot and 2) dont work for corsair, to say about this list? Its either a typo, or its the density.

Contact corsair and let us all know, they are the only people who can answer the question, and it would help prevent any confusion considering everything we have to say is nothing better than an educated guess at this point.

Whats a bump?

I don't know if its an issue with corsair or with gigabyte? I dont know what is incorrect which is why I made the post. You can find the QVL for that board on gigabytes website. I couldn't post the whole list because its huge. I don't know who to contact if I don't know what the issue is

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Contact
Express your concern over the density column, ask if any of them can explain it to you. (And why you think it may be wrong/incorrect)

Bumping is when someone posts a message that has nothing of value to add to a thread, just for the goal of moving it back up on the new thread list.

For example: Asking "Does anyone know?" is not an addition to the thread. If anyone knows, they will post. Dont worry about it.

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Contact
Express your concern over the density column, ask if any of them can explain it to you. (And why you think it may be wrong/incorrect)

Bumping is when someone posts a message that has nothing of value to add to a thread, just for the goal of moving it back up on the new thread list.

For example: Asking "Does anyone know?" is not an addition to the thread. If anyone knows, they will post. Dont worry about it.

Its just that sometimes I post something, and no one says anything, so the post just goes into obscurity and its gone. Usually I post again, trying to get attention to the post so someone would respond. Its not a new thread, its just because the post isn't like.... its not in plain sight because of all the other posts so now no one will respond. I usually give it 24 hours. If this is against policy, what else do I do? Delete the post and remake it or what?

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
You wait, bumping or creating a new thread is the same issue, its bring an existing thread back to the top over newer threads.
Im unfortunately not in charge of the policy, if we didnt have it the forums would be overrun with spam.

Ok. I wait, and no one responds. I keep waiting, no one responds...I wait some more, some more, some more.... no one responds. Days turn into weeks. Weeks turn into months, no one responds..... now what? What recourse do I have?

Heres the image...Is it an error or whats the issue?
If you are confused by a QVL published by GigaByte, ask GigaByte.
If Corsair's compatibility list confuses you, or you feel that it contains errors, contact Corsair.
It's YOUR issue, and you really need to direct your questions in a more intelligent direction.

You'll get responses, here, if:
1.) People care about your issue enough to respond.
2.) People have an actual answer that will do you good.

Being impatient and bumping is just irritating, and conveys the impression that you have the attitude that people here are your servants; and are required to "jump to it" and answer your questions--fast--so you don' t have to wait for an answer that you could have searched-up yourself, or directed to the organization that has actual control over the subject matter of your question.

There is information relative to this topic that you could benefit from here.

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Months are different than 20 hours.

Sure, and that's fine. I get that, but there has to be a limit. Otherwise you will never get a response. I don't think spam has anything to do with "bumping" the post. I dont know who thought that, or why.... but its just that if no one responds within 24 hours (which is a reasonable time limit), 99.9999999% of the time it means that no one will respond at all. I don't see any harm in bumping the post every 24 hours if theres no response. I don't know who made this policy, but I think it needs to be re-evaluated. Because again, I ask. I can keep waiting all I want, but if no one responds, I ask again: What recourse do I have?

If you would like to discuss the policies in place here, you can get in touch with one of the community managers (listed under the staff subsection of the members page).
At this point, I request that this discussion ends (on this thread) seeing as this thread is about your QVL question.