r 280x GTA 5

Jakov Matic

Reputable
May 5, 2015
Hello, i playing GTA 5 on all max settings, only advenced graphics are off and msaa, fps in city 40-70 , my pc can handle only 2x msaa fps abaout 30-45 , when i put 4x fps drop to 20-25 and with 8x fps drop around 5

my GPU temperature with lock 30fps is 75, but i want play unlocked, temperature go over 82 after 30min of playing, then i lock 30fps

CPU temperature 55 lock 30 fps, unlocked go over 60

Fx-8300 3.6ghz ( cooler from stock fx 8350 procesor )
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
Kingston HyperX 1x8GB 1600MHz
Toshiba 1 TB sata 3 7200rpm
Asus R9 280X DCU2 Top 3GB DDR5 384bit
RaidMax Vortex
CM B2 600W 85+%

Please some help? is this normal?

Solution
http://www.raidmax.com/vortex-v4.html is this your case either way all the vortex cases have 2 12cm fans in the front, you have to pop off the front cover to install them. So I would put at least 1 fan in there but 2 would be better to being cool air in and another 1 at the top blowing air out, and a hyper evo 212 is a great cpu cooler.

Yes your card can go higher but you are best to keep it as cool as you can and the extra fans will make a massive differance.

fkr

Splendid
well for your GPU that is pretty normal, they are rated right up to 100C and mine used to run above your temps as they were pretty highly overclocked. so nothing to worry about there.

for your CPU you do not want to go over 61C. I would recomend a $30-50 CPU cooler as it will make all of the difference.
I beleive AMD says a core temp of 61 is max and a socket temp of 70C

BradleyJames

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
that temp should be fine for that card. the fan profiles created for video cards are set to run a little higher to keep noise down. try creating your own fan profile that ramps the fans up to 100% at 82 degrees or even a little lower, see if that helps. I have my gtx 780tis set to 100% at 75 degrees. i dont mind a little bit of fan noise while im playing games.

Jakov Matic

Reputable
May 5, 2015

i buyed pc one week ago , no need for clean...
RaidMax vortex case.. have only 1x12cm fan at back , i tryed put fan in front to flow some air in, but there is no space for that.. only have one more at back for another 1x12 , but that one is maded to make hot air go out...

As i said, using stock cooler from fx 8350, i cant see fans setup for stock cooler right?
and my GPU fans, setup at automatic, 80% fan when gpu is 80 degrees celsius

So gpu temperature is ok? every1 sayed that 80 degrees is max for that card, now i see that is all ok.. ( sry for my english )

fkr

Splendid
you are correct that your GPU temps are fine and can go much higher without issue (100C)

that CPU temp is to close for comfort. I would at least stick another exhaust fan to evacuate some more heat and even better get new CPU cooler like a cooler master 212 or something.

Jakov Matic

Reputable
May 5, 2015

Cooler master evo 212 good enough?
you have same card as me? do u have some problems with msaa? why is that high fps drop at 4x, and some times i see artifacts at right corner, and after some hours of playing , i got some coolor change all over screen, some black triangle and shake pictures...then i need restart game, is that cause of card or gta 5 ?

disturbed force

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
http://www.raidmax.com/vortex-v4.html is this your case either way all the vortex cases have 2 12cm fans in the front, you have to pop off the front cover to install them. So I would put at least 1 fan in there but 2 would be better to being cool air in and another 1 at the top blowing air out, and a hyper evo 212 is a great cpu cooler.

Yes your card can go higher but you are best to keep it as cool as you can and the extra fans will make a massive differance.

Solution

fkr

Splendid
there is not really a better cooler out there in the sub $30 range (currently $28 on amazon), and it is guaranteed to be better than the stock cooler and allot quieter.

I am no longer running those cards as I upgraded to gtx 970's while waiting for the new AMD cards to come out.

are you on the most recent beta drivers they were designed for that game, also make sure your game is fully updated

fkr

Splendid
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

the above is a new cooler that has been getting very good reviews and is easier to install at the same price point

Jakov Matic

Reputable
May 5, 2015

this is my case : http://raidmax.com/images/containervortex.jpg
i wanted to upgrade atleast one in front, but cant.. only way is to put with super glue or somthing
as u can see in picture, only spot for fan left is above procesor , i puted there one who make air in, and that make my gpu even hotter, i made mistake there...only way is put there extra one who also make air go out , and one in front for cool air in...

Jakov Matic

Reputable
May 5, 2015

Ok i did it, but i used glue, there is diffrent type of screw needed for build.

i put Gpu fan to go 50% when degrees go over 70%.. and whole time gpu temeprature is around 72.
Cpu temeprater is now around 56... SO is much better now with extra cooler in front and with gpu fun setup

Last question, nothing can happen if my gpu fan run at 80%? Is it dangerous to operate at a higher percentage?

fkr

Splendid
absolutely safe to run your fans at a higher speed, you usually see diminishing returns with fan speed someplace after 65-75%. so run benchmarks and play with a set fan speed to find out your best fan profile. this is the fun of pc builds