felixthemaster

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hello, I dont know which category tghis goes in but whihc is the best for FPS games?

RAT 7 or the MMO 7 by cyborg?

I know the RAT is better for FPS but I thought that the MMO would just have more buttons and I like the colours..

what Do you guys think? the MMO is about 20 pounds more expensive ...

in my opinion the rat7 is a piece of junk. unless you baby the thing or are generally very easy on mice you risk breaking it.

see all of those adjustable knobs and interfaces? that takes away from the structural integrity of the mouse. meaning if you drop it off the desk, are a little rough with it when you get frustrated in game, or something else happens you might break it much sooner then a typical mouse.

the best mouse for gaming is probably a logitech g series. i personally use a razer deathadder and it works fine but the rubber coating is not for everyone.

i wouldnt use a rat7 even if i was given one for free. i would hock it on ebay and buy something better.

just my opinion. of course "extreme pro gamers" who think they know better might try to state otherwise. the same people who think a $40 mousemat is going to make them play better.

L1ghtF00t

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

this is something i would like to know as well. ssddx, he didn't ask for your opinion he asked you which is better. maybe you can't read

atomiczam

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
As an owner of a RAT 7 my advice is to stay as far away from the brand as possible; 3 months in and it's already bricked. They're fantastic mice for a very short period of time but it will break, and the customer service is awful.

Chariot Of Mars

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I've been looking for a new mouse for a week now and read hundreds of horror stories about the RAT 7, RAT 9 and RAT MMO7. They seem to have a flaw with the laser and only work for less then 6 months, people are also having huge problems with customer service and turn around time for a new mouse... which breaks quickly as well. Just google 'RAT 7 problem' to see pages and pages of unhappy customers.

Its a shame as I really wanted one. My old microsoft sidewinder is nearly dead and I cant get this model anymore :O(...

G

you kind sir are a complete retard the fact that felixthemaster asked this on a forum is asking what we think in other words he asks for our opinion.

@felixthemaster i wouldnt buy any of the mice i had both and they broke because they fell of my desk, i would recommend the Qpad 5k

regards Max der Laks

IllusoryLawyer1

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
RAT mouses are generally crap, i would go for a razer mouse over a RAT because my razer naga's been working amazingly over the past year or so :sol:

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
anonymous is a fan boy~~~
lalalalalalalala

both suck, trust me, best mouse from that price range is razer mamba,
but i would still not buy it only if someone give it free to me

i use logitech g series mouse and when it broken i started using razer deathrader
that razer IMO is the best value mouse(but not many features)

BUT if u still want an answer for ur question,
for money the best is RAT 7
if money not a problem, it MMO7(even though most people wont use it features)

G

Well I´m a proud owner of a RAT 7, I used to have a razer, but I saw this one and I liked it so I bought it. That was more than 2 years ago and it stills works perfectly. No problems for me, great precision and just the necessary buttons to play many games. The mmo 7 is rather more for mmo games, like world of warcraft or similar, because of its macro functions.

I may be lucky, but this mouse is awsome for me and I´m not thinking of changing it for the moment.

CorruptGenesis

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Alright, 3 things to say.

a) I've read about 250 comments already today that scream "CYBORG IS BAD BUY RAZER". No offence to any of you, but the lot of ya sound like a bunch of Razer fanboys. Razer is good, as is Cyborg/Mad Catz. It comes down to preference, style, etc. I recommend trying both out at a local store.

b) I've read a few threads about bad quality, etc. I've used a R.A.T 3 for about 2, maybe 2 and a half years now. Has never let me down. Again, I'd recommend checking in-store.

c) It really does come down to personal preference. I'm considering upgrading to a R.A.T 7 as I love the feel of a R.A.T, and the weight and adjustment system is brilliant. If I was to give an actual piece of advice, it would be this:
Razer - For some performance depending on the model. Somewhat lack of features, and build quality is rumoured to be bad.
R.A.T - Feature heavy, weight adjustment, length, etc. Build quality is 50/50 between excellent and terrible. Sensors have bad history for some.

So yeah. Just remember not to limit your options to only these few. I enjoy other mice too.

Charles Leon

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
i have had a rat7 for some time now my cat almost killed it with a glass of soda but beside having to dry it out with rice it has served me well i dont know about the mmo7 but my rat has been uber reliable i know 10 others with the same mouse and out of those 10 3 people sent there rats back keep in mind they have problems with chucking the mouse or slamming it when they lose

LanceCothan

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I have had my MMO 7 for about 6 months, and was happy for the first 3. I am not a fan of the razer stuff, and am VERY likly to just get rid of this MMO 7. the software for programming is crap, now my mouse goes to sleep in the middle of playing a game and im boned. Worst part is I have to crawl behind my computer to unplug and replug it to wake it up... I would say that the design of the MMO 7 was great, in theory only... I want my proformance MX back....

tobingj

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
I own a rat MMO7 and was terrified at the expense. But I play MMOs and it was a great investment.. i have it over a year. No problems
Nice and sturdy... adjustable and comfy. It is heavy and you just slide it.... now I have it I program everything.
The software is easy to use. Comes with a decent set of premade profiles and very simple to customise them. I have a profile for skyrim....i use all the keys...
Really only have 10 programmable keys.. the shift button is too awkward to use. Then switching between the 3 sets of 10 keys is not great either. unless you have different class specs.. but again that is back to MMOs. The MMO is ideal if you need more keys... if not go for the basic rat.
I only saw this cos I am looking to buy one for a new rig. to have the same mouse upstairs and down. Good luck.

robalyn

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

I've owned the RAT 7 since 2011 (I think, got it with my custom rig and it was about that time) and it's worked ever since. I've banged the crap out of it when losing in pvp, even got the dent marks on my desk to prove it. It still works as intended. I've keybound the important stuff to the buttons on the mouse and found I need more, so am now waiting for the RAT MMO7 to arrive. Personally, I like the feel and handling of the RAT, with the right amount of weight and resistance for my hand and excellent button layout. I did find with the RAT 7 that the profile editor was a bit funky, but it could be that I didn't follow the directions correctly. Anyway I since have and now am enjoying game play on WoW even more.

oh, by the way, to me it's worth the price. It all comes down to what you can spend that will stay in your budget. I saved money to get this and it was a terrific investment.

tobingj

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
It is now September.... I have 2 * cyborg rat7 mmo versions.
I bought another as i play mostly upstairs on the decent graphics card machine at night- and then when kids are up im on the laptop. Same set up on both.
I love the 7 MMO. It is insanely good. I am playing ESO and only need about 9 keys - but the MMO gives lots of programmable options. It feels good to use and has given me very few problems. Very rarely it glitches and will not move to the left or a point on the screen. Rare means once every month or two. A wiggle and lift of the mat and back down and it seems to correct itself so it might be a piece of dust of something.
I still totally recommend these beasts. Worth every penny and has encouraged me to look at high end product in other parts of accessory market such as head phones etc. I always though a mouse was just a mouse. Not true.

tobingj

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

I laughed my ass off at this... Mouse stud. Playing the field.

Quoting myself....buy what you can afford and too expensive i think is rediculous too. But this product made me realise that cheap is not just as good - it is not the same just with no brand name on.

Superskion

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014

It must just be a problem with your mouse in particular. I'm using a R.A.T. 5, and i have been heavily using it for about 2 years. only thing that went wrong is the palm rest is a little wobbly. other than that, its works just like the day i bought it

T3CKN3SS

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
I am an MMO 7 user id say its alot better than the RAT 7 but thats me. i use every last button and im very happy with it. i think the other people have abused their mice because mine has been chewed by my dog and it fell down my stairs and still works hundred percent . P.S i use my MMO 7 in FPS i just macro'ed it to have the slow dpi on one of the other buttons. so the only real difference is the more buttons and the thumb rest cant have its angle adjusted. :pt1cable:

T3CKN3SS has spoken XD

Lorsedal

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

I just signed up, so i can help u here, i own a Rat MMO7, Looks kick ass but....

I had the first one sent back to the store after 1 Month!, i play a lot of Warcraft, and the top buttons located near your thumb, are made of cheap plastic and break easily.
Got a new mice sent from the store 4 weeks later, 3 months later the same buttons broke.

I played a lot of arenas back then so i was pressing buttons like mad but an mmo mouse is supposed to handle that, i did not hit it or bang it, like i used to do to my Logitech G5 that still lives. So bad quality product for big bucks.

I simply gave up from sending it back to the store, and bought a new mouse.

Long story short, stay away from that mice, you will save yourself a lot of pain.

Sorry about long text. Cheers

amidMany

Honorable
Mar 26, 2015

The service at MadCatz is actually the best I've ever encountered, They have never failed to make sure I'm satisfied within their ability to do so. In my experience, which is many, they are the best!