R280x no output/restart problems

Jun 17, 2018
Hello,
I had a strange problem since I bought my pc. Whenevery windows did a restart, my pc was in some weird loop. All the fans/lights went off for 2 seconds. Then my pc restarts, turns off after 2 seconds againg... Until I unplugged the power supply and waited for a minute. I was wondering about this problem ever since, but found no solution and had no problems otherwise. Until now.

My graphic card is not giving any output. When I start my pc, it will turn on (without any video signals) for a couple of seconds. Then the pc shuts down completly. Then it turns on automatically and doesn´t turn off again. But no signal from my graphic card. Also, my BIOAS_A LED is on. I tried the graphic card with another computer. Same problem there. So probably it is broken and I am ok with that.

The problem is, I am afraid that my motherboard (or some other hardware) led to this problem and that my new graphic card will experience the same issues after a while. I also tried to put my old graphic card in my pc. The pc is starting and turning off and on again, but is working afterwards. (The fans of my old graphic card are not working, so I have a picture for a couple of seconds. Then the graphic card is overheating...So it is not possible to check any error messages...)

Back in the days when my graphic card was working I tried another power supply. Nothing changed. I did no overclocking by myself.

My hardware:
Xeon E3-1230
H87 fatal1ty performance
R280X MSI
Crucial MX100 SSD
2x ballistix sport 4gb 1600mhz
be quiet straight power 10 500W

Thanks for reading, I would appreciate any help

Jun 17, 2018
I tried another power supply and video card, the system is working. The only problem is concerning the restart, probably a hardware bug. My only worry is that the new video card my be damaged by some strange hardware bug