R4E no post, CPU qled

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Not sure if I need to rma or not, my RIVE used to wor with no problems, got a new test bench so I pulled it out of my level 10 gt and threw it in the torture rack with the same set up, board wouldn't turn on. Hit start and 3 qled's blinked but nothing else happened, left it alone for a while tried again and it powered on but the CPU led stayed lit, hit the bios button, try restarting and it boots like a champ.

Try rebooting an hour later, dead board, pull everything out and double check connections all is right all power connections are right but the board won't post. I'm running three gtx670 ftw in sli, pull all the power from them and the board will fire on but the CPU led is back on. No idea what to do from here other than scratch the board and buy an evga lol. Any ideas? First major computer build so I'm not fully privy on it all but i know enough to get buy

POST problems are common to all X79 motherboards that have old firmware, especially the Asus ones. You will need to flush the firmware settings a lot! My RIVE had problems until firmware revision 1305, but it's been good since then. I suggest updating the firmware to revision 3010 and trying again.

Do you have all 5 power connectors connected at once?

You need the following:

24 pin ATX

8 pin EPS

4 pin EPS

6 pin EZ_PLUG1 (6 pin PCIe)

4 pin EZ_PLUG2 (4 pin FDD)

The bottom two need to be connected as well. This is needed to provide power to the extra PCIe slots and DRAM slots. Without them the system may be unstable.

Please provide some more information on your system.

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
I do not have the ez plugs in, once I plug them in the board won't even kick on, never had them plugged in when it was working like a charm
RIVE
I7 3820
Corsair 4x4 vengeance
Cooler master 1000w
3 EVGA gtx670 FTW
All on water

Coolermaster PSUs can be kinda trashy. Does the system work with only one GPU?

gumby6288

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
left it alone, reflashed both bios to 3010, power on and nothing... switch bios and it will post debug code 62, plug in video cards to power, back to nothing working on the board.... what should i try?

swap components if you can. Different psu, memory, etc...

could be a bad memory module, try it with only one